Are You Enjoying a Great Marriage? You Can! Click this link and Take The 100 Day Love Challenge!
Join over 80,000 couples already enjoying the closeness, friendship, and fun a great marriage has to offer.
A while back I was speaking and asked for a show of hands, “How many of the wives have had too much affirmation over the past month?” Laughter broke out across the room. No, haven’t had too much of that.
If Lisa is any indication, women often have the feeling that life is coming at them with the speed of a fighter jet and the chaos of a riot. Add to this the voices everywhere around them saying in subtle and not so subtle ways that the job they’re doing isn’t quite up to the mark. Wives often have the nagging feeling that they just don’t measure up.
Let’s drown out those voices with the applause of affirmation – words of beauty, truth, and love that every wife wants to hear, but also needs to hear often. Here are 102 to help you get started.
1) You give a lot, and I appreciate how much you give.
2) You are beautiful.
3) You make me want to be a better man.
4) Thanks for your faithfulness to our family.
5) You are a godly woman.
6) I’ve learned a lot from you.
7) I’ve seen you grow so much.
8) I like spending time with you.
9) You’re fun to be with.
10) What a fantastic meal!
11) You make wonderful things.
12) Thanks for your diligence in running this house.
13) Our kids are so fortunate to have you as their mother.
14) God wanted me to be happy . . . that’s why He made you my wife.
15) You bring out the best in me.
16) You are a fantastic person.
17) You are a deep river.
18) You’re as beautiful to me as the day we married.
19) My favorite place to be is with you.
20) I wouldn’t be half the man I am without you.
21) You make loving fun.
22) You complete me.
23) God said, “It’s not good for a man to be alone.” It’s sure good to be with you!
24) When I’m gone this week, just remember, home is where my heart is.
25) You are my world.
26) The Bible tells men: Love your wife like Christ loves the Church . . . I like my job!
27) I like going out with you . . . what are you doing tonight?
28) The laundry never stops coming . . . and you never quit. You’re amazing and, I really appreciate it.
29) You are a hard worker.
30) You’re so smart.
31) I value your insight.
32) You have a lot to offer.
33) I really admire your inner strength
34) I’m glad our kids have (will have) such an excellent role model.
35) You are (will be) an amazing mother.
36) You know you’re my best friend, don’t you?
37) I don’t know what I would do without you.
38) You make me a happy man.
39) I’m amazed at the women you’ve become.
40) You accomplish a lot.
41) You are so thoughtful.
42) Thank you for respecting me.
43) I’m grateful I can trust you with anything.
44) I have total confidence in you.
45) I’m proud to be your husband.
46) God knew what I needed. That’s why He brought us together.
47) I respect the woman you are.
48) My hat’s off to you!
49) You’ve got great ideas.
50) I married up!
51) I rely on your intuition.
52) You’re the finest woman on the planet!
53) I can face anything with you by my side.
54) I married a winner!
55) Our kids love (are going to love) you so much.
56) You are the best woman I know.
57) I don’t deserve you . . . but, I’m glad you’re mine!
58) I want to grow old with you.
59) Thank you for being so good to me.
60) You’re an awesome lover.
61) I don’t need anything else – just you.
62) I only have eyes for you.
63) I’ll always be faithful to you.
64) You never have to wonder where I am.
65) Thank you for standing by me.
66) I really appreciate your loyalty.
67) You are a great cook/chef.
68) You’re so creative.
69) I know you strive to please me . . . and believe me, you’re successful!
70) I love what you make.
71) You are one talented woman!
72) You never stop giving.
73) You look fabulous in that outfit!
74) You make me look good!
75) When you walked into the room, you took my breath away.
76) You are an excellent wife and I’m a blessed man.
77) You bring me joy.
78) I love the home that you’ve created.
79) You work hard to make things wonderful.
80) The Song of Solomon has nothing on you!
81) I’m a better man because of you.
82) You are a unique person.
83) I’m glad I married you!
84) You’ll always have my heart.
85) Your heart is safe with me.
86) God knew exactly what I needed in a woman.
87) You are God’s perfect choice for me.
88) I wouldn’t want any other life than the one I am living with you.
89) You are my dream girl.
90) You are a beautiful person, inside and out.
91) You’ve got what it takes to make things happen.
92) You impress me, you really do!
93) You are a woman of integrity.
94) I admire you.
95) I’m proud of how you handled situations like that.
96) You’re no pushover. I love your spine of steel.
97) You are a considerate person, of me, and of everyone else.
98) You’re one in a million . . . and you’re mine!
99) I’m a rich man because you are my wife.
100) I’d be happy with you anywhere!
101) You make it all worth while. I wouldn’t want it any other way.
102) I’ll love you forever.